Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thursday, November 4, 2010 - UPDATE:

Yesterday I went for my first check up with the doctor after surgery. He gave me clearance to run, just not too long or fast. That's okay because I never do! We drove from Lexington, SC to Columbus, GA and spent the night there. Got up and headed on into Panama City. Arrived about 12:45. I called Mike to let him know that we had arrived but he was out doing a swim in the clear gulf water. Unloaded the car and Jackie unpacked while I got in the athlete check in line. I painfully stood in line for 2 and a half hours before I got into the tent. My shoulder ached but not as much as my heart. Mike called, he had already checked in but he came and stood in line with me for about the last 45 minutes. Got my packet and official Ironman wristband. Jackie come to be with me and we saw Rick and Cathy. Visited the Ironman store where I found a nice shirt. Mike left and Jackie and I went to finally get some lunch at 4pm. I decided I wanted a non-ironman prepace meal at Five Guys. Talked to MIke again, he was concerned about getting all his gear in the bike special needs bag. After dinner I did my first test "run", I went for 75 feet and everything still worked.

I'll keep you updated.
Michael

No comments: