
This year I didn't make it to the swim start in time. I thought I was going to, but I ended up at the swim finish instead. Luckily, I got to walk onto the beach and was able to see Michael's heat start!


It was quite a little run up to transition.

Coming out of transition, the triathletes had to cross onto a road that had moving traffic. There was a police officer holding up traffic, but it still made us nervous!


The grandkids caught Michael for high fives coming out of transition.

Speeding down the home stretch.

Another runner benefited from our cheers and high fives too!

Another different view than my usual. We stayed at our spot up on the road and watched Michael cross the finish line from over the transition area.

Some extra fans from Joe's wife's family showed up to get a taste of what triathlons are like!

Don't know what these kids find fascinating about taking Michael's sweaty socks off for him!

A nice, cool sprinkler shower.

Jackie wanted a picture of Michael holding his medal, but he didn't want to be in a picture by himself so he just stood in the middle of our group. Some posed (Olivia), some didn't...

The effects of wearing a tri top under his wetsuit without Body Glide.
No comments:
Post a Comment